I have been looking for a solution for my bike for carrying heavy and odd-sized loads. Primarily it is for shopping, but also doing DIY projects where I need to carry materials and for hauling things to the boat. I’m also looking for something that can attach to my husband’s wheelchair on the back rigidizer bar that will primarily be used for shopping.
I also carry my dog on the handlebars using a DoggyRide Cocoon bike basket. I want to be able to attach the DoggyRide Cocoon to the top of the Travoy when I am inside shops and possibly also for transport of our dog. We may also have a second DoggyRide (and dog!) and will put it on the bottom for transport. It would be nice if I could use the Rixen & Kaul KLICKFix Handlebar adapter, but should be able to use the universal clips.
Currently I put everything on my trusted old Blackburn back carrier, but I’ve had a few bad situations where I carried too much and the bag attached with heavy duty bungee cords fell to the side causing me some near misses, also with the dog on the front. I also have a bad back and have a hard time getting on my bike when it is fully loaded. Not to mention the difficult handling with a dog on the front and groceries on the back. We live in the city and don't own a car or want to own a car.
Burley Travoy product information
The Travoy® trailer system makes carrying cargo by bike more convenient than ever before. From commuting essentials to groceries or camping gear, the Travoy hauls it all. An innovative hitch attaches to your seatpost and releases with the flip of a switch. Upon arrival, the Travoy easily detaches to wheel along with you and folds to briefcase size for storage. No more need to install a rack on your bike. Do more on your bike with the Burley Travoy.
- Weighs less than 10 lb., carries up to 60 lb.
- Compact fold breaks down to briefcase size in seconds
- Includes Tie-Down Straps and Tote Bag
- Attaches and detaches in seconds
- Provides a safe, secure solution for bike trips involving multiple stops
- Better stability than standard panniers or backpacks
- Customize with full line of accessory bags for shopping or commuting
- 12” black push-button wheels
What’s in the Box:
- 2 Wheels
- User’s Manual
- Tote Bag
- Tie Down Straps
- Capacity 60 lb / 27 kg
- Weight 9.8 lb / 4 kg
- Track width 20 in / 51 cm
- Wheel size 12.5 in / 32 cm
- Tires Kenda K909A-017: 47-3203 (12.5 x 175 in) 35 psi, 2.4 bar, 240 kPa.
- Hitch mounting height 28-34 in / 71-86 cm
- Hitch compatibility 25-32mm seat posts (M6 bolts)
- Size folded L x W x H (in) 21 x 18 x 8
- Size folded L x W x H (cm) 53 x 47 x 20
Burley Travoy accessories
These are the options that we either got or are thinking about getting. It was only later that I realised that we probably did not need the extra tie down straps, because they are part of the standard options. We also got the market bags in green, which has been discontinued. I am hoping they match our DoggyRide Cocoon that is also green.
Here are reviews of the Travoy:
- We tried it: Burley Travoy
- A Final Review of the Burley Travoy
- Review: Burley Travoy as Post-Apocalyptic Trailer?