Mikey's Gulp Smoothie
I used to make milkshakes as follows:
- Strawberry yogurt – full container
- Milk – by filling empty yogurt container
- Strawberry ice cream – pint
- One chopped banana
- Mix all of above in blender until smooth
Halloween Sangria (also for kids)
This is a good recipe to make in large quantities for big gatherings. I usually make one traditional and one for the kids and people who don't drink alcahol.
- 5 liters of red table wine (kid version: 5 liters of red fruit syrup with water)
- 3 Lemons cut into wedges
- 6 Orange cut into wedges
- 2 bunches of white seedless grapes (frozen)
- 2 jars of cherries (frozen)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1-2 cups brandy or rum depending on the strength you want (kid version: none)
- 1-2 liters ginger ale or club soda
- Freeze the grapes and cherries in advance. You can also freeze the lemon and oranges
- Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon and orange into the wine. Toss in the fruit and add sugar and brandy/rum and chill overnight.
- Add frozen cherries, grapes, ginger ale or club soda just before serving. If you'd like to serve right away, chill all of the liquids in advance. I usually put something to float in the kid version, like plastic snakes and spiders that are big enough to see, so people know which is non-alcahol.
- 3 parts of tequila
- 2 parts of orange flavored liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Triple Sec or Curacao)
- 1 part of fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes
1) Use a lime wedge to get the rim of the glass wet
2) Turn glass upside and turn to salt the rim
3) Fill the glass with ice cubes
4) Add the tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice in an ice-filled shaker and shake.
5) Pour the content into a margarita glass.
6) Garnish with a slice of lime